Job Title: Azure DevOps Engineer/ Terraform Expert
Experience: 1 Yrs - 4 Yrs
Location: Bengaluru & Ahmedabad
The Sr. DevOps Engineer implements system enhancements (software and applications) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system. In this role you will support all application servers and mission critical services for the 24/7 running of web-based Applications including developing application environments, installing, and completing ongoing maintenance of the environments. You will be working exclusively in cloud applications, monitors, and tests application environments. Our Sr. DevOps Engineer manages and organizes Kubernetes clusters and web applications in both windows and Linux operating systems.
- Deploys and maintains Kubernetes clusters including auto scaling and identifying
- improvement and security opportunities.
- Participates as member of incident response team for of Kubernetes cluster and Cloud issues.
- Designs and builds systems which improve scalability, usability, and performance.
- Partners cross-functionally with Product Managers, DevOps Engineers, and Software
- Engineers to understand, implement, and deploy pipelines.
- Develops and maintains monitoring and alerting of all production services and builds metric-based dashboards for production services as needed.
- Develops and maintains Infrastructure as Code using Terraform as well as automated system testing.
- Partners closely with Security and Networks Teams to maintain security and stability in our production environments.
- Works closely with Security team to maintain security in production environments.
- Occasional on-call rotational duties with DevOps team when needed.
- Writes detailed description of program functions, and steps required to develop or modify business processes and computer systems.
- Reviews computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations to determine if requested program or program change is possible within existing system.
- Collaborates with Software Development, QA Engineers, and System Architects to continuously improve the efficiency and reliability of build and deployment processes to support all phases of development, QA, and production releases.
- Automates, builds, and maintains tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
- Coordinates technology planning through ongoing research.
- Upgrades, installs, and troubleshoots application updates.
- Works with development staff to document system deployment and management
- Supports technology needs analysis by conferring with departmental personnel to analyse current operational procedures, identify problems, and learn specific input and output requirements.
- Works to maintain application and database systems for performance and availability.
- Defines and communicates project milestones, service level agreements, and resource allocation to management team, department leads, support staff, and end users
- Ensures work is performed in compliance with company policies including Privacy/HIPAA and other Regulatory, legal, and safety requirements
- At least 4 years of Azure Cloud experience
- Cloud Services, Cloud Networking, Cloud Production management. (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Containers/Microservices – Kubernetes including Docker, Rancher, and Helm
- Github Suite – Github, Github Actions, Git, Repo management
- Artifact Storage – Artifactory
- Configuration management such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- Working technical knowledge NoSQL, PostgreSQL, and Microsoft SQL Server is
- Working technical knowledge of web applications and platforms including IIS, Node.JS, Nginx desirable.
- Demonstrated expertise in a range of automation tools and approaches in Windows and Linux environment (e.g., Git, Bamboo, Chef, Python, Terraform, Python, shell scripts, as well as other scripting languages).
- Solid experience of the GIT, Bamboo, Jira, Confluence, and APIs for Continuous Integration builds.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open-source technologies and cloud services
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides and conduct research into applications issues and products as required.
- Proficient in communicating to both technical and management levels and present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Able to work in cross functional teams.
- Hashi Corp Certified will be preferred