Job Title : Business Development Specialist/ Go-To-Market Specialist
Experience : 1 Yrs - 4 Yrs
Location : San Jose, CA
Mandatory : US citizens only
Position : 2
Are you passionate about the SaaS Product? Do you want to help Mold the future of how the tech team builds amazing software solutions with Redpen? Want to help define the SaaS Product brought together for creating high-end software solutions by helping tech teams, customers, and users? Our team is looking for a business development professional to help drive the go-to-market for Redpen. We value enthusiasm, customer advocacy, curiosity, and creativity on this team.
This position is responsible for our SaaS product, including planning and execution. As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for identifying new markets for our services, developing repeatable solutions for our sales teams can use in delighting customers, and planning for future services and solutions.
Key job responsibilities
- Contributing to building the Go-To-Market Plan
- Assisting in the definition of market segments, customers, and enterprises
- Developing a strategic business development plan for the target markets that is well-aligned across Redpen.
- Collaboration with key internal stakeholders (e.g., tech teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.)
- Coordinating the Incubation and Launch of New Features
- Being a member of the core team that works with the initial customers to ensure we have strong references at launch
- Developing a strategy to ensure sales and partner readiness
- Understanding our customers' technical requirements and collaborating closely with internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings.
A typical day at work
- Develop and implement geo-specific go-to-market strategies for target markets while adhering to Redpen's strategic direction.
- Lead and provide feedback on which segments and targets to pursue.
- Collaboration with the overlay sales team to develop internal and external collateral that defines the GTM
- Serve as an internal evangelist for all vertical industry teams, segments, and marketing efforts.
- Prepare and present business reviews to the senior management team on progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
- 2+ years of business development, enterprise sales, strategic partnerships, or program/product management experience
- 2+ years of creating and executing go-to-market strategies
- Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units and stakeholders.
- Experienced with account management (Enterprise, and start-ups) and solution selling ability
- Experience in working with customers (particularly enterprises) who are deploying SaaS solutions.
- Strong presentation, sales, and negotiation skills; ability to close high-value and high-profile deals.
- History of building out C-Level relationships.
- Min 2 years of experience in Sales and Marketing of a SaaS environment is required!
- An understanding of key Content Delivery and/or Edge technologies is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences at the C level.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results.
- Ability to prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team.
- Strong ownership and bias for action; ability to internalize goals and work independently to create appropriate action plans for those goals.
- Meticulous attention to detail: ability to juggle many tasks in parallel without lowering your quality bar.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization.
- Extensive experience in the engagement at the executive level, as well as technical background to work with both our engineering teams and customers building solutions with our product.
- MBA or equivalent is a plus.