Job Title : UX Designer
Exp : 1 Yrs - 5 Yrs
Job Type : Contract
Location : San Jose, CA
Mandatory : US citizens only
Position : 1
We are looking for a strategic thinker with hands-on design experience who welcomes challenges and thrives in a collaborative environment. You will have the opportunity to participate in both product research and design, utilizing strong visual and communication skills. You will be in charge of a product or a large feature, representing the user's point of view during the design and development phases.
Roles and responsibilities
- Translate product requirements into intuitive user experiences and act as a user advocate.
- Use wireframes, user flows, and interactive prototypes to effectively communicate design decisions.
- Collaborate with a UX researcher to understand user requirements and use the findings to inform and validate design decisions.
- Work with product managers, user interface designers, and engineers from discovery to implementation.
- Assist in the review of work products for accuracy, adherence to the UX design, and usability.
- Respond to and resolve technical issues during development, as well as contribute to content integration efforts.
- Meet deadlines by time-boxing efforts to expand or contract as necessary.
- Provide management with feedback on ways to improve workflows and processes.
- A bachelor's degree in Visual Communication, Communication Design, Industrial Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, or a related field is required.
- 2+ years of professional experience in UX design, with a strong portfolio of design samples that effectively communicate your process, including project insights and solutions.
- Visual design excellence and dedication to user-centred design principles Strong communication skills and the ability to sell your UX vision to various groups are required. Professionalism and attention to detail are essential.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch, InVision, or a similar application.
- Working in a highly collaborative environment with UI Designers, PMs, systems engineers, and QA teams is required.
- Must be adaptable to changing circumstances and able to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
We'd especially like to hear about
- Please send your resume and portfolio. At least three examples of work-related projects should be included in your portfolio.
- The problem you were attempting to solve.
- The team you worked with, as well as your specific role. The design strategy you employed.
- Your key learnings
- Your participation in the process of converting your designs into a functionally coded solution and launching it.