Job Title : Technical Program Manager
Exp : 1 Yrs - 3 Yrs
Job Type : Full Time
Location : San Jose, CA
Mandatory : US citizens only
Position : 2
Ajmera Infotech Inc. seeks an experienced Technical Project Manager to oversee Business Technology projects led by data analysts and engineers. This is an exciting opportunity to help accelerate the delivery of technology solutions within a company that is changing the way people work. Projects in this role will primarily focus on efforts in our business systems teams (Finance, Sales, Marketing, Tech Solution), all of which are related to corporate systems, applications, and enterprise security. This position will be responsible for creating technical project plans for efforts that advance the overall roadmap, as well as tracking and driving project delivery. In addition, the ideal candidate will be a driving force in the continuous improvement of our planning and execution pipeline, working closely with peers globally.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, be able to juggle multiple tasks at once, work independently, and maintain professionalism under pressure. You must be able to anticipate problems and implement solutions that detect and prevent outages. You must be able to accurately prioritize tasks, make sound decisions, work to improve the customer experience, and complete the necessary tasks.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Lead cross-functional projects end-to-end including: Developing project plans, and resource plans, clarifying the scope, and tracking dependencies.
- Coordination of the release schedule and execution of BizTech projects, as well as the creation and use of project release templates such as kick-off decks, design review templates, testing, and go/no go meetings.
- Lead risk discovery and escalation, as well as the development of mitigation plans for the team to follow.
- Day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks; deliver on time and within agreed-upon metrics.
- Lead and facilitate working sessions, demos, adoption and change management strategies, and training plans.
- Scrum master, agile ceremonies, and JIRA board maintenance for tech teams.
- Develop positive relationships at all levels of the organization and collaborate with delivery teams.
- Understand the business case behind each effort and can clearly articulate the value to partners across the business.
- Humble, collaborative with a can-do attitude.
- 1+ years of experience as a project manager in IT engineering and operations environments. Experience running multi-functional initiatives coordinating multiple teams, resource plans, tasks, and workflows in technical project management within a technology company.
- Ability to build strong and effective relationships with business partners by understanding their needs and goals as well as what motivates and engages them.
- Detailed-oriented, and self-motivated, with strong analytical skills.
- Agile methodology or software development life cycle experience.
- Demonstrated ability to handle risks, dependencies, resources, and vendors.
- Experience working with program management tools such as Smartsheet, JIRA, Trello, Asana, Microsoft Project, Omniplan, etc.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multitasking abilities to get things done well and also quickly in a dynamic, fast-growing company.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or similar fields, or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to work during US and India standard business hours.
- Within 3 months, you will have fully mastered the processes of the Program Management and Engineering teams.
- Within 6 months, you will have taken complete control of the processes.
- Within a year, you will have identified and implemented process improvements throughout Technical Operations.